Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Places people meet…


I had been planning a hike with my good friend Jarod for some time now…actually it had been most of the summer. We finally settled on a day. August 7th. Our day started out a little rough. Its 3:30am and I get a call that Jarods car is not working very well and he might not make it. I was bummed but he did eventually show. So we started to load up all our gear into my truck and Jarod realizes he has his girlfriend’s keys (yep, house and car)….
Really I thought. Well I guess we will just get a late start this morning then. Jarod called his girlfriend and she said she had an extra set, so we were clear to go….Finally…

The drive up to Franconia or Lincoln was nice. We stopped a couple of times so I could take a picture or two. Met another couple and talked about hiking and the amazing experience it gives you. Plus then I said, you get to meet so many people along the way.

Finally we are at the trail head, I realize I don’t have any sunscreen and since I have no hair to protect my head, I had to find some…I spotted this man in the parking lot, so I went over to him and asked…hey bud, do you have any sunscreen? He couldn’t give me his fast enough…ya man sure he said. Hence my reasons people are nice on the trails…



Along the peaks that we were traveling across we met I would say 20 or so people, mostly just saying hello and have a nice day,...but like I was saying..what you notice is everyone is happy! Really, they actually look and put out there that they are happy. Why not seeing where we all are at that time. After the 2nd peak, I was enjoying a fantastic PBR and resting. Then here comes my new 3 friends..so I took my camera out and started to take their pictures. I had already been taking pictures of them along the way at different angles because I like how you can take a picture and put a person or persons in it and show the dramatic perspective of where we are. They just happened to be great examples.


1 comment: